Skip to main content

Brain Games

Hello again,
 I'm sorry I haven't been blogging regularly. School just started and I have been crazy busy. Now that I have holidays you will hopefully find more blogs.
Here's a book review on a book called "Brain Games".
When I saw this book, I decided to read it first. I opened it up and read a few pages then shut it immediately. No, don't get me wrong. This book is not bad at all.
 It's just that I simply don't like non-fiction books and I am sure most others my age don't. However, I knew I would have to read it sooner or later and review it, so I decided to get it over with. Then came the big shock.
THIS BOOK IS NOT BAD AT ALL.
I can't even compare it with bad, forget worst or even more worse than worst.
It's full of information and a few games here and there. An incredibly useful book. It's all about how your brain works, what all it does in order for you to speak, hear and see and a lot of other things.
It is written in a very simple but intriguing ( sorry if the spelling is wrong) way. I especially liked the games they gave after each chapter. With fun facts everywhere and a simple format, I really enjoyed it.
This book is not a 'You Have To Read It Or Else You'll Die' (YHTRIOEYD) but you should read it anyways.
Rating on the P.M :★★★.7 out of 5
See ya later,
Peanut

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Four Stars

Hey again, It's Peanut again, reviewing a second book. It's called All Four Stars. This book was recommended to me by my best friend, A.G and I borrowed it from her. (I had, in fact, gifted it to her in the first place without knowing.*) This book explains the life of a wanna-be chef, Gladys Gatsby. By the age of 11, she develops a passion and talent for cooking. Unfortunately, after a horrendous incident, she is banned from the kitchen forever. However, by pure accident, Gladys sends in a paper for an essay writing contest (that is not the accident) but her paper reaches the hand of the editor who then employs Gladys to be the new food critic for her newspaper. Now, Gladys has to sneak into the brand new restaurant Classy Cakes, to write a review. Can she do it? Introducing All four Stars, a fun-filled story and a must read for all those from the age of 9-12. I really think this is one of my favourite books so far. Gladys is a remarkable and likable character who

The Shy Supergirl

Hi everyone! This is my 1st book review on The Shy Supergirl, as the title already tells you. This book is not a 'You have to read it or else you'll go crazy' but it is nevertheless good. It has an interesting backstory, a girl who hates Hindi homework and a SUPERHERO! If you ask me, this book is perfect for those between the age of 7-9. I found myself wishing it would go on. I feel Mrs. Shabnam Minwalla has done a really good job and the illustrations by  Tanvi Bhat really brighten up the story, even if they're black and white. In this story, the main character, Nina, is just the sort of superhero who you would like to be, and you can tell this is going to be a short, but sweet story. No, I'm not like those people who go all lah-di-dah over books because they review them.( I'll have you know that the publishers of duckbill have not sent me this. I had it at home) These are my honest opinions. Here's a summary of the book: Meet Nina, the average 9 yea

I'm super happy

Hi again, I know it hasn't been 10 minutes since the last post, but I wanted to tell you guys that another book company just hired me!!! I'm so happy I could scream, which I AM  going to do!! YAAAAAAYYYY! Adios, Peanut P.S. I'm just having second thoughts on whether it's good to be so excited on your blog or not. Help me out here!